I don’t know about you… but this weekend I am totally taking advantage of Michigan’s beautiful outdoors. ugg australia How befitting too, when THIS Saturday is Great American Backyard Campout Day!!!
I have so many awesome (classic) and some not so classic ideas of how to celebrate with my lil one. I do have to say though… anything outside and bonfire related; I am in! It is so important to persuade your kids to unplug and spend some time outside and moving their bodies and using their imaginations. chaussures ugg pour femme Here are a small list of things I plan on doing this weekend with my lil one and friends.
- Making S’Mores ~ Ok who doesn’t love the idea of devouring this classic ooey-gooey deliciousness? Cool thing is… you don’t have to have open flames to enjoy this yummy treat. nike internationalist A paper plate, 2 graham crackers, a marshmallow, a small hunk of chocolate, and a microwave are all you need. If you are a kid you may need the assistance of a grown-up because it could get too hot for little fingers. Just lay one of the graham crackers on the plate and put the chocolate and marshmallow on top of each other. asics gel nimbus Add the 2nd graham cracker: pop it in the micro for about 10-15 seconds…. air jordan future Voila! Indoor/Outdoor Camping deliciousness
- Playing Flash Light Tag ~ I can remember as a kid the cousins and I chasing each other around my grandmother’s back yard with flashlights. nike air max bw Especially after our crazy (but fun) family reunions. ugg australia Good Times! We didn’t call it exercise then… we were just kids playing and enjoying the summer.
- Having a Scavenger Hunt ~ Hide some fun objects around the backyard and have your kids help seek them out. nike cortez They can be goodies or toys to play with outside while camping. Who doesn’t like a lil competition? Whomever finds the most hidden stuff WINS!!!
- Rock Hunting ~ We used to skip rocks out at the lake and bring home ones that looked different, pretty or just interesting. Christian Louboutin Pas Cher Michigan is home to Petoskey stones. They are unique because they are composed of fossilized coral that lived in Michigan’s waters thousands of years ago.
- Going Hiking, Biking, Boating, Fishing, Walking, Swimming, or Running! Anywhere and Anytime is perfect to get out and make memories with your family and friends.
Whatever you end up doing this weekend… Do it with love and kindness.